IT Support Specialist
This full time mid level position will provide network and desktop support for T-Solve’s Washington, DC based clientele. The employee will receive extensive training from a senior network engineer to 1) provide support and 2) enhance the employee’s skill set.
T-Solve has been providing outsourced IT services to small businesses and nonprofits in the Washington, DC area since 2004. T-Solve specializes in organizations that are too small to have their in-house IT department, but large enough that they need the expertise of qualified IT personnel. T-Solve clients range in size from individuals working from home to organizations with 150 employees spread throughout multiple cities.
- Support and diagnose Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Macintosh desktop and laptop computer systems.
- Interact directly with computer users in helping identify and rectify program and OS issues that reduce user productivity.
- Load, configure and verify a variety of software applications on user computers. Deploy, refresh and update operating systems on PCs.
- Operate on-site and remotely to analyze and correct both emergency and lingering problems that impact reliability, security, responsiveness, accessibility, and general functionality of desktops, notebooks, printers, and other end user peripherals.
- Plan for end user environments, provide installation of hardware and software to promote and align with customer’s business strategy.
- Maintain MS Outlook with host MS Exchange server, Office suite, phone communications, and broadband connection.
- Help with end user software upgrades.
- Implement deployment of new end-user computers and peripherals plus other deployments, updates, and swaps of desktops, laptop computers, and associated hardware.
- Perform the responsive diagnosis and repair of workstations, laptop computers, and associated equipment.
- Act as a technical resource for client employees and consultants and taking part in group tasks as required.
- Produce up-to-date documentation of the network as it expands.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Two year background in workstation admin, new program configuration, computer and peripheral deployment, trouble analysis and correction.
- Strong computer troubleshooting and problem isolation ability, talent to implement temporary patches to network problems and escalate problems when necessary.
- In-depth experience providing software help to small-companies for all Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Expertise in a variety of customer networks, with an assortment of end user computers and peripherals.
- Familiarity with off-site server monitoring tools and remote repair techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively in a virtual office environment, delivering reliable support and using remote connectivity and mobile computing technology.
- Excellent speaking and written communication ability.
- Accustomed to operating in a group environment, as well as the willingness to work on your own.
- Demonstrated dedication to enabling continuous operations.
- Operate without supervision and shows marked quality of ownership and motivation.
Ability to pick up, carry, and reposition all components of user workstations, the network, printers etc. Ability to work a flexible work schedule such as handling off-hour network emergencies and travel, when required, to client sites.
This position pays an annual salary of $51,000 per year, includes 4 weeks of paid time off, and allows participation in a 401k program after 6 months. Health insurance is not directly provided to the employee, but a $400 monthly stipend is given to each employee for the employee to use at his/her discretion.
Applicants should submit a resume (cover letters accepted, but not required) to careers (at) t-solve.com. Applications accepted on a rolling basis through Friday, September 16, 2016. The right candidate could start as soon as Monday, September 19, 2016. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.